Any suggestions?

"Did you hear that Meg? Guys can marry other guys now. So...this is awkward, but I mean, if they can do that, that is pretty much it for you, isn't it? I mean you as well pack it in. Game over."

Sunday, May 09, 2004

I got the job. This means, for those of you who are interested, as of September I will be moving to High Wycombe, in Buckinghamshire, where I will be responsible for teaching English Literature and Language to boys from 11-18 and Drama to boys from 11-14. The Royal Grammar school provides accommodation and is right in between Oxford and London. I am quite pleased with myself, to be honest. It is a lovely school with polite, well-behaved boys who achieve 60% A and A* grades at G.C.S.E.

Quite apart from it being a great school in a good place, (it is quite close to everywhere I am likely to go to) just knowing what I am doing in September has made me feel a lot more relaxed about everything. The unfamiliar and the unknown do not sit well with me and that feeling of blind panic, all too common in recent weeks, seems to have subsided somewhat. So, in summary, yay me, I rock. Ok that is enough of that.

So, come September, for the first time in my life, I will not be financially dependent on the government or my parents, have a proper job in a proper profession and I will have moved to a whole new county. Oh and I can afford a car. That is also a first. My goodness how responsible and grown-up I shall be.