Any suggestions?

"Did you hear that Meg? Guys can marry other guys now. So...this is awkward, but I mean, if they can do that, that is pretty much it for you, isn't it? I mean you as well pack it in. Game over."

Monday, March 22, 2004

As it turns out, my paranoia is not paranoia at all but merely an accurate assessment of my own stupidity. While creating what might be described as a 'mind map' of things a Year 7 group thought they knew about Shakespeare on the white board,(yes, it is as thrilling as it sounds) I found myself demonstrating a complete inability to spell the word ‘Twelfth.’ This happened despite several embarrassing and, quite frankly, far-fetched attempts. Although the incident depressed me for a short spell, my spirits were soon buoyed by the revelation that using the word ‘orgasm’ unexpectedly when addressing 15 year-old boys can be extremely entertaining. It was all in the name of good poetry analysis, I assure you.

Due to a wholly unforeseen staff meeting and the train journey from hell, –during which, quite disturbingly, it appeared to be raining on one side of the train only- I have just now returned to my place of residence. Since I have a million and one things to do and tonight is a good telly night, I shall be brief.

I shall just point out, before I get on top of the lesson planning, that although it is true the current name of this site was suggested to me by another, I consider the aforementioned person’s attempts to steal back the name somewhat petty. In addition to this, the contenders for the new name of abovementioned individual’s site are dull and uninspiring, to say the least. Therefore, I have decided to run an alternative poll, with what I consider to be more suitable options. This is quite likely to fall flat on its face, since no one actually looks at my site and it is likely no one ever will. Regardless of this, I find it all very amusing and that, after all, is the main thing. I shall occupy myself by voting, if no one else will.